Addicted to Blush Tag (Swatch)


I don't think I've ever done a tag on this blog but I actually really enjoy reading them. This tag created by Kitsch Snitch was hard to pass up after seeing it on Emma's blog because I absolutely love blushes and I thought it would be fun to go through all the ones in my collection.

What colour blush suits you the most?
Despite my love for cool-toned blushes, I think neutral or brown-toned pinks suit me most.
Benefit Dandelion, Tarte Exposed and NARS Douceur

Pressed/cream/loose blush?
Definitely pressed blushes, they are the easiest to apply. I do have a few cream blushes but I don't use them nearly as often. I don't own any loose blushes, sounds messy!

Favourite shimmery blush?
My favorite shimmery blush is the Diorskin Poudre Shimmer in Rose Diamond. A swirl, tap and swipe gives me a beautiful but subtle light pink glean to the cheeks. The fine shimmers really add a nice pearlescent glow to my cheeks without being overly sparkly. I know that Amber Diamond gets a lot of attention but Rose Diamond is seriously underrated! I've always leaned towards pink blushes rather than bronze blushes.

I happened to be wearing Rose Diamond the day I took all these photos, here are some iPhone selfies of the blush on:

Favourite matte blush?
I have to agree with Kitsch Snitch and Emma on this one but Illamasqua do the most amazing matte blushes. I've spoken about them before they have incredible pigmentation with a single dab in the pan. The texture is so soft and velvety that they blend seamlessly to leave a natural finish. It's my favorite blush formula that I've come across and decently priced too.
Illamasqua Powder Blushes in Naked Rose, Hussy and Katie

Favourite cream blush?
I'm not sure if this counts as a cream blush but my favorite non-powder blush would have to be the Etude House Watercolor Blusher in 01 Strawberry Pink.  I picked this up on a whim when I was in Seoul and when I tried it out after I got home, I remembered why I bought it. The consistency is quite watery which makes it super easy to work with, even for a cream blush amateur like me. In the tube, the cream can be intimidating because it looks so bright but when blended out, it gives a sheer and natural bubblegum pink tint. I really enjoy this blush so I was really sad when I heard that they discontinued it :c I would have loved to pick up the lilac shade too.

Favourite drugstore blush?
...I just realised that I don't own any D:

Favourite high-end blush?
I recently spoke about my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush palette already but everything about this palette feels high-end and luxurious.


Favourite bright blush?
Hussy by Illamasqua is a bright watermelony/pinky-coral and one you have to be very light handed with. I love this shade as it instantly refreshes my face, because of this, I tend to use this a lot on days when I'm looking a bit worse for wear or ill.


Biggest blush disappointment/regret?
NARS Orgasm was one of the first make up/blush products I ever bought and to be honest, I think I got caught up in all the hype because it's so overrated. I tried really hard to like this, going back to it numerous times hoping I'd fall in love with it but we just don't get along. I find that the formula of it quite gritty (due to the glitter perhaps?) and it looks patchy on my cheeks.


Best blush packaging?
For an individual blush, my Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact steals the show. I usually stay far far away from things that are nauseatingly girly but this is so girly in a tasteful way; it just works? It is so unique in my collection of blushes. It comes with a detachable and retractable blush brush which is made of goat hair but I don't really use because I find it a bit prickly. The shade I have is 01 Baby Blush.

What's on your blush wish list?
I'm actually quite content with my current blushes but I'd really like to try out the Chanel Joues Contrastes - but which color?!

Number 1 holy grail blush?
This is such a hard question because writing this post has rekindled my love with the majority of my blushes!
If we're talking about versatility, my answer would have to be Illamasqua Naked Rose. The color is just perfect for any make up look, and all year around because it's not too warm or cool. Despite its neutral tones, it never looks dull.
But if we're talking about my favorite blush of all time, it's Katie (also from Illamasqua). Katie is a milky, almost lilac pale pink. While this is an amazing blush for paler skintones, I actually love how it looks on warmer complexions like mine. It doesn't look stark at all but gives an adorable and natural doll-like flush. I'm obsessed.


The color on the cheeks was quite hard to capture with the camera so here are a couple of iPhone selfies again:

And that's it for the tag! I really enjoyed going through my stash, I hope that you enjoyed reading my responses! If you also did the tag, please link me so I can check it out c:

Do you own any of these blushes? Do you have any blush recommendations? Am I missing out on anything spectacular?!

p.s. is anyone else finding their iphone 6 front camera kind of weird for selfies? It makes my skin look so mannequinny when I take selfies under direct natural light. 

x

=('.')=

chloé

14 comments

  1. This is such a great tag! I'll definitely have to do it when I get more time, these are some serious questions haha! :P Cool-toned pinks have never been my jam, though, to be fair, I haven't ever properly tried them! They look stunning on you so perhaps I need to get out of my comfort zone! Need to get my hands on an Illamasqua blush too - I have one of their cream ones :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I thought I'd return the 'stalking' favor! I'm glad you found me and I glad I came to see your blog! It's gorgeous and I love your content! DAMN GURL, I LOVE BLUSH. Much like yourself! I freaking love a good shimmery or glowy rose tone blush and a matte neutral warm peach brown. Just in love with your picks there! I would totally steal your Dior Rose Diamond! I've got tarte's exposed and that Illamasqua Naked rose on a wish list (however I don't plan to get them anytime soon) I'm a blush fiend and tried purchasing a chanel baked blush three times last year (every time at singapore air port's duty free) but failed each time because literally all the shades were sold out! I'm totally just going to buy it overseas or bite the bullet and pay full here! Great tag, I may do this next time! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got this post in my drafts with pics but no words as yet, haha! Loved reading through your answers :) You got me thinking I need Illamasqua Katie! I don't have anything like it ... probably the closest thing that comes to mind is Benefit Hervana. I could never get Naked Rose to work for me though. Maybe because my skin's never concealed enough to not have the red tones in Naked Rose bring out all the redness in my complexion. Rose Diamond looks gorgeous on you! I have Amber Diamond but use it strictly as a highlighter. I would've thought Rose Diamond would be a highlighter only product but it really works as a subtle, illuminating blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blush collection Chloe! I really want that Hour Glass one, but I do agree that pressed is probably the better option haha xx


    www.silkybow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an amazing post girl! I love this tag, I've never seen it before but its so informative! How gorgeous are all these blushes you have - I seriously love your taste hehe! I own so many of the ones you mentioned and I can say the exact same that they're all so good! I need to take out my Illamasqua blushes out again, I've totally forgotten how beautiful they are! You just reminded me of them! hehe. That shade Katie look SO nice on you, that beautiful pink lilac shade is to die for - how unique I can see why it's your fav!! I have Amber Diamond by Dior for years but I do love it - I really like the look of the Rose one, it looks so pretty!!! I must try this next!! (adds to wish list hehe). Hourglass ambient blushes oh my there's not much to say about these but really they are just phenomenon, so so so pretty! (pretty much saying this about all the blushes right?) My favourite is mood exposure there's something about those purple undertone blushes that get me each time. I LOVE this post! Keep up the great work hun! Definitely adding you to my blog roll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please do! I've been enjoying reading how different everyone's responses are! I know conventionally cool-toned blushes aren't "supposed" to compliment asian skin tones but I just love how it looks haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh thanks Emma, I'm so glad I did it! And it's been so great reading everyone's different answers! I have to go to a Chanel counter soon and have a play!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh thank you so much Sharlynn! I really loved going through all your posts and will definitely keep up to date with all your future ones c:
    You should do this tag! I'd love to see your picks! Wow can't believe what bad luck you've had with Chanel blushes! Hope you are able to find one you like soon! Which shades were you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read your post on this tag, I rarely get involved in tags but this was such a good one haha!
    I don't think I would have ever picked up Katie on my own whim, but one of the Illamasqua girls used it on me when I tried their skin base and I just fell in love!
    Amber Diamond is so pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you please!! I'd love to see it!! I really want Zygomatic, looks so pretty.
    I wanted to try Deep Throat for ages but never picked up the individual blush, so when I found out it was in the Virtual Domination palette, it just gave me another reason to buy it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jennifer, I'm so flattered! Looks like we have similar (and awesome) taste :3
    Which Illamasqua blushes do you have? If you like pale pinks, you should definitely check out Katie in store c:
    I think Rose Diamond was limited edition too (same as Amber Diamond...?) but I could be wrong!
    I think the Hourglass blushes just ticks all the boxes, that marble through the pan makes my heart race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post! I came across your blog through Sharlynn, and I really love how you lay out your posts. You too have a very impressive blush collection! Looking forward to your next posts. I followed you on Bloglovin :)


    www.kimkine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omgosh hello! I just recently started following you on Bloglovin' too but I haven't been blogging for a while :P Thank you so much for the follow Kim, it's nice to meet you, you have a beautiful blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete