Boyfriend's Birthday

Monday night was my boyfriend's dinner so we went out for a nice dinner and I slapped on a bit more makeup than usual. I didn't plan to blog about my look of the evening so I didn't have my camera with me but after I finished my makeup, I really love how it turned out and wanted to blog about it. My boyfriend's bathroom is pretty well-lit so I tried my best to capture it on my iPhone!

For the eye look, I mostly used my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. The shades I used were:
♡ Limit - all over the eyelid),
♡ Nooner - in the crease
♡ Liar - to deepen the outer V and create more depth and also along the outer half of the bottom lash line.
♡ Dust - in the inner corners
Then I tightlined using a deep brown gel liner on the upper lash line and a warmer brown on the lower lash line.

Afterwards, I decided I wanted the eyes to be a bit more glittery, so I patted some Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Glitter Rock on the centre of my eyelid with my finger. My friend actually bought me a couple of shades in the Moondust eyeshadow range when he was in the States but I don't know why, I've never really played with it. The results were so sparkly, I loved it! The glitters were duo-chrome and reflective, it was really hard to capture on camera but it completely lit up my eyes.
NARS Sheer Glow is was my foundation of choice. After buffing it in with a Real Techniques buffing brush, I was reminded how much I loved this foundation all over again. It provided me with heavier coverage than I'm used to on a day to day basis but it went on so smoothly and left me with the loveliest radiant glow. Perfect for a night out.
The boy and I love our streetwear so we pretty much never dress up, we made an effort to this night though.
I didn't get a photo of my outfit but I wore a simple black jumpsuit with a sheer panel around the neckline and accessorised with my favorite Dallas and Carlos "C" gold chain and my YSL Arty Ring. I also took my red polka dot Miu Mius out for a spin!
On the nails was Dior Lady (first mentioned in this post).
A and I love a good steak so we went to Squire's Loft in Toorak for dinner. Here's a photo of the birthday boy with his present :3

I really want to try and make more of an effort to use the huge variety of makeup products.
I have made a new Instagram account for Status Chlo as a space where I can share more of my beauty and blog related bits on there

Please follow @status.chlo on Instagram

:)

=('.')=

chloé

7 comments

  1. Awww you two are so cute :) Happy birthday to your boyfriend! I love the look you did. (But I love your hair more. Seriously, such perfect hair!) The Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Glitter Rock looks gorgeous on your eyes - I'm sure it really added that extra something special to your eyes. I remember I used to be quite into those YSL Arty rings - I never managed to buy one but the turquoise was awfully tempting! The colour that you bought is stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww happy belated birthday to your man!
    You look effortlessly stunning ^__^
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your boyfriend! Absolutely LOVE your eye make up and your eyebrows! Love how full yet soft they look! And your YSL ring is killing me, it's sooo out of this world gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh thank you! Still adapting to short hair, it definitely requires more effort to style, I hate wearing it flat!
    It was my first time using the moondust eyeshadow and I really liked it, I'll have to try more looks with it and see how it fares for longer hours!
    I am guilty of owning 2 Arty rings haha :3 I have this one and a Jade green stone but this one is my favorite, I've never seen another colorway like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mei! I'll pass the wishes onto him :)
    I wish it was effortless, I'd be lying if I said I woke up like this HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sharlynn <3 ! Yeh I like a stronger brow hehe :3
    I love all the looks that YOU create! I really want to try and mix up my make up more since I have so many stunning colors and endless combinations!
    I bought my Arty ring a couple/few years ago (?) and I still love it as much today as I did the first day I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos of the two of you are really cute! Also, can I just say.... I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! Wish I could get mine that colour, i'm sick of my black/brown x

    ReplyDelete