Les Merveilleuses Ladurée Rouge Brillance Glossy Rouge in (Swatch + Review)


Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée is a high-end makeup line by Ladurée, the famous French macaron house. The packaging and brand image is inspired by the lavish and extravagant style of the aristocracy in 18th Century France. It is also produced in Japan which could explain it's higher price tag. The brand is currently only stocked in Japan, Paris and in 3 other stores across Asia. A friend went to Japan recently and kindly gifted me a lipstick from the range. As it is not the most accessible brand, I've only ever read a handful of reviews on items from the line, mostly on their blushes so I had no expectations for the lipstick.
If you've seen anything else from the entire range, you would know that the packaging is gorgeous and definitely its' main draw. Everything from the bag, the box and the actual casing. The plastic lipstick tube is light but doesn't feel cheap however, for the price of these (I believe they retail for around $50AUD, which is not much lower than a YSL lipstick), I would have liked something with a bit more weight. There is floral embossing all around and a heart detailing at the end, oozing girliness but somehow still avoiding a tacky appearance.

(Excuse the hairy/heavy brows, I was growing it out when I took these pictures :P) The shade I have is a very wearable cool-toned rosy pink.
The formula of the lipstick is a little bit different to what I am used to. It's almost like a lipbalm in a sense that it starts off a little waxy but as the product warms to the touch to your lips, it glides over smoothly without any tugging. The color can be built up with multiple layers and it feels very hydrating, sitting comfortably on the lips. It has a shiny finish but nothing overly glossy. Due to the formula and finish of this lipstick, it is not the most long-lasting, reapplication and touch ups are necessary after eating and drinking.
I was really thankful to be given this because I don't think I would have otherwise been able to own anything from the Ladurée makeup line. It's certainly not cheap for a lipstick, especially for a brand that's not easily attainable (I know I like to try before I buy),  but I think it really makes a nice present or treat for makeup junkies who may love something like this on the girlier side!

Have you tried anything from Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée?

=('.')=

chloé

12 comments

  1. The packaging is so feminine and pretty! I had no idea that Laduree sold makeup *sighs I'm just gonna sit here and sulk at the products on their website :'(

    www.lacy-rose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOVE the products I've seen from them. Especially the rose petal blush which just looks so beautiful it often looks fake to me! I think you really rock the color! And your brows looks great! I'm trying to grow mine out a bit right now! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I would love any excuse to buy something that adorable haha! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty! But yeah I've seen the prices for their products... definitely not cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is gorgeous, what a beautiful addition to your lip product stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh their makeup line is pretty hard to get ahold of, it's already expensive to begin with and online resellers sell it for even more! Not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes girl! Their blush looks so lush! Something Marie Antoinette would use!
    Thanks Sharlynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really am! I don't think I could buy it outright for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not something I'd buy personally but was such a cute gift to get :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is, and probably all i'll own from the range haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Laduree do makeup?! I knew they did candles but WOW this is just so adorable it sort of reminds me of Etude House type packaging - so pretty and girl! But wow that is expensive for one lipstick but then again everything from Laduree is pricey right? It looks beautiful on your nonetheless. How sweet would of look taking it out of your purse to apply in public though? hehe so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Ladurée stores are so beautiful in every aspect so I wouldn't expect less from their beauty and homeware ranges. I have kept a few of their big paper structured bags and macaron boxes just to keep for display on my bookshelf.
    It really is pricey so I was a lucky girl to have received it as a gift. I feel so girly when pulling it out to use.

    ReplyDelete