My First Empties ~ !

Sorry for my hiatus again. If you follow me on twitter (@statuschlo), then you may already know this but I've been really busy lately just working, saving and planning....for my America trip at the end of next month! I can't believe it's less than a month until I leave. Onto this post that has been sitting in my drafts for 2 months haha. 
I've never been one to collect my empties but when I started accumulating a few finished products at around the same time, I figured why not. 

Starting off with a few skincare bits. I finished my first bottle of the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturzing Lotion + and I think this may be my favorite no fuss moisturizer yet. It is so hydrating and light and does a great job of prepping the skin for foundation. I also love the light plastic pump bottle it comes in, very handy to travel with. I have already repurchased a second bottle of this and will most likely be taking this with me on my travels.
My cousin bought me the Bioderma Hydrabio Serum Moisturizing Concentrate when she was in Paris and I forgot all about it until the last couple of months. This serum is the bomb. It is seriously hydrating and absorbs beautifully into the skin leaving it silky soft and plump. I was getting a bit of eczema around the eye area but this was so gentle and soothing on my sensitive skin. I want to pick up another bottle but it's just so expensive! ($43 for 40ml).
I finished a couple of exfoliators as well. The first one was the FAB Facial Radiance Pads. I picked this up from my local Woolworths and I like it as a light exfoliant, especially on days when I can't be bothered with a mask, but I don't love it. I usually use this in the night time, maybe once every couple of days. After I take off my make up and cleanse, I use this as a toner before my moisturizer.  I don't know if I will be repurchasing this.
I'm now onto my second tub of the Skinfood Black Sugar Mask. I never liked using scrubs on the face because I always thought it was too harsh but this mask has changed my mind. It actually exfoliates AND moisturises at the same time. I use this a couple of times a week while I'm in the shower. After I dampen my face with warm water, I take a small scoop of this and I rub it into my face gently, focusing on my T-zone until most of the sugar has melted. Then I leave it on for the rest of my shower and right at the end, I rinse it off and cleanse. It leaves my face feeling SO BABY SOFT and not tight at all. I love how affordable this product is as well.
This was my first time using the Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make Up Remover.  I've been wearing a lot of liquid lipsticks and I also switched to the Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner for a while and that stuff was the definition of long-lasting (I actually think I had an allergic reaction to it because it was so strong). My usual bioderma just wasn't enough to take it off but this stuff really works. 
I also got through my Bioderma Créaline (now called Sensibio) Micellar Solution, I'm not going to go too in depth about this because I'm sure you've all come across countless reviews on this but I think this is like my 4th or 5th bottle since I discovered it years ago so that speaks for itself on how I like it. I will say though, I did not repurchase it this time round because I wanted to try the Sébium version which comes in the blue and green bottle:
So far, I think I like it more than the original one. I used to have combination skin but I think lately, my skin has become closer to normal skin. This micellar water is formulated for oilier/acne prone skin but I don't find it too stripping or anything. It smells really nice, which might bother some people if they liked the previous fragrance-free version. 
I was pretty proud by this tiny collection of makeup products that I managed to get through, even though it's only 5 things haha. 
I finished and replaced my favorite daily foundation of all time - the MUFE Face and Body Foundation. This was also the case for my NARS Creamy Concealer. I actually wanted to try the UD Naked concealer after finishing this but Mecca was sold out and I wasn't sure what shade I'd be so I just repurchased the NARS one again, which is fine because it's a wonderful concealer.
I bought this Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Primer Essence when I was in Seoul. I don't really have a problem with makeup not lasting on me but I like using primers just to prep the skin with a smooth canvas to work with before makeup application. This primer is extremely lightweight and thin, comes out in a gel consistency that can be blended into the skin very easily. Once it dries, it leaves the skin with a more satiny finish than a completely matte one. I don't think it really helps with oil control or pore appearance though! Decent product for the price but not amazing. 
I've gone through countless of the Dollywink/Kiss Me Heroine Black Liquid Eyeliners over the years and it's always worked well for me. This time I didn't repurchase it because I wanted to try the Kat Von D one but I will definitely be going back to these foul-proof Japanese ones.
Last but not least, I've finished another bottle of the Seche Vite Topcoat. I've always loved how glossy and hard the finish is but it always goes so gluggy at the end, even with the Seche Restore thinner. I'm open to new suggestions for top coats if you have any :)

And there we go, that was my first empties post :) I can see why it is such a satisfying accomplishment now!
Feels so good to blog again, I hope you have all been well and as always, thank you so much for reading. 

=('.')=

chloé

No comments