Mum's Asia Haul (Swatches)

My mum just got back from Asia and she picked up some fun stuff, I had a pretty good time going through it with her so I had to share with you guys too :) 

The Tarte Tartelette Palette was not from Asia however I thought I'd chuck it into this post as well. I gave this palette to her a little while before her trip because she didn't really own any nice big palettes and everyone needs a good neutral palette right? The color selection seemed so practical and versatile and I thought my mum could get a lot of use out of it.
Breaking a major beauty blogger rule here by photographing a product after it's been used *horror! But you can hardly tell c;
This palette looked so promising when I read reviews on it and I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here but when I swatched it for myself, I have to say I was really disappointed! I haven't really worn this so I can't review it too much in detail, but just from the swatches alone, you can probably tell that most of the darker colors swatched unevenly and patchy. I found them to be quite chalky so I was a bit sad because I was so excited to give my mum this palette :c My mum insists that she loves it though but she has to say that because she's my mum HAHA.
This is possibly the most exciting thing from my mum's haul but my mum made her own custom quad when she was in Etude House in Seoul and when I swatched it for the first time, I pretty much died! Full review and swatches here.

My mum also picked up from Etude House the Dear My Wish Lips-Talk in RD302, and the Dreaming Swan Eye and Cheek in #03The lipstick glided on with ease and had a glossy finish so I'm not sure about the staying power. The eye and cheek powder was very soft and blendible, I think that color would look really nice on the eyes and as a blush!
These CC cream compacts seem to be all the rage at the moment, my mum said it was everywhere Korea. I remember Lancome releasing a product that looks identical. This one is the IOPE Air Cushion Compact. The blue sponge looks really interesting, I think it stops the sponge from absorbing too much product. The color my mum bought is the darkest shade that is available, N23 (N for Natural). I wasn't planning to review this but I just tried it out the other day and I absolutely loved it so a review will be up soon!
Mum also bought this contraption which is meant for eyebrow grooming but I'll be completely honest, I cannot work this out at all. I feel like it's too thick to be able to get any precise grooming. I tried, I fumbled and I failed.

Hauls are always fun, no matter whose haul. The only thing I left out were some of the eyeliners mum got but I have a few from the same line so I'm going to combine our collection to do a full review and swatch fest for you. Stay tuned! :)
Seeing my mum's haul really makes me want to explore more asian makeup too! I used to love Korean makeup but got over it because they released so many products so quickly all the time and I couldn't keep up. They have such fun and amazing quality products for such reasonable prices though, I think I'll make more of an effort to check out their newest offerings whenever I'm in HK.

p.s. Just to let you guys know I am leaving in a few days to go on my 6 weeks U.S trip so I won't be active or replying to any comments. However, I have prepared and queued a number of posts that will go up while I'm gone. 

Add me on Snapchat chloe_e to see my travel snaps (activities, shopping, food, hauls ^^)
I should be tweeting @chloe_e pretty regularly too. 
You can also find me on Instagram @status.chlo (blog) and/or @chloe_e (personal)

c:

=('.')=

chloé

No comments